Responsible for ensuring the Bank maintains an adequate and effective Regulatory Compliance Program by continuously monitoring and evaluating the regulatory landscape, identifying potential risks and advising on appropriate courses of action. Ensures the Bank’s compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules governing operations and product offerings by maintaining written policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of Compliance directives for the Bank; Advise the Board of Directors, Senior Mgt and Bank personnel of emerging compliance issues.
- Participate in various committees, audits and examinations; chairs the Management Compliance Committee and responsible for its management of charter, meetings, materials and minutes.
- Maintain organization and monitoring of compliance related processes through Bank’s Compliance Certifications.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes. Provide investigative research & advice on compliance related topics.
- Identify root causes and corrective actions and formulate solutions that minimize the impact of identified compliance issues.
- Manage the Bank’s formal complaint process.
- Ensure Bank maintains an effective training program that covers job-specific and overall required compliance training for staff, management and Board of
- Directors, fostering a culture of compliance and awareness within the organization including managing the Bank’s online compliance training software and reporting.
- Responsible for the compliance monitoring of the Bank’s e-signature software and reporting.
- Perform compliance reviews on all marketing, advertisements and new business initiatives and services to ensure compliance with banking regulations.
- Responsible for on-going HMDA loan application register maintenance and annual reporting activities.
- Overseeing internal audits and investigations, addressing any identified issues promptly and thoroughly. Gathering, coordinating and responding to compliance related examinations as directed by the Risk Manager.
- Collaborating with external partners, such as legal advisors, government officials, and industry associations to stay informed of regulatory changes and best practices.
- Responsible for ensuring that compliance risk is appropriately identified, measured, managed and mitigated appropriate for the size and complexity of the
- Bank’s business practices and objectives in conjunction with Bank’s Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Participate in other projects and actions as directed from time to time by the Risk Manager
This position includes indirect interaction with customers via contact with branch personnel and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee will have opportunity to examine and view information and documents produced by other employees of the Bank relating to BSA and therefore has the obligation to report activity to the BSA Officer as appropriate. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 10lbs and occasionally move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. In the performance of duties of this job the employee may be required to travel occasionally.
Travel between branches is required. Flexibility with job hours is required; late or weekend hours may be required.
Qualifications & Competencies
- 6+ years compliance and/or risk management experience or equivalent
- 8+ years banking experience
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or equivalent certification required
- Performance Standards and Competencies Needed
- Possesses strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills; maintain a sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through.
- Excellent ability to perform research and leverage various resources, including the Internet.
- Proficient PC skills to include spreadsheet, word-processing, database systems and other software utilized by the department.
- Maintains a strong understanding of banking laws and regulations and controls to effectively address and provide guidance on lending and deposit compliance related operational issues.
- Ability to determine timing/criticality of projects/tasks, manage expectations and deliver work within expected timeframes.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision. Seeks help, asks questions, observes and utilizes resources consistently.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively across various departments and levels of the organization.
- Possess quality written/verbal communication and presentation skills which allow for the completion of effective reports and write-ups.
- Ability to meet the expectations for the role within compliance and communicate well with various departments and employees as needed.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to give and welcome feedback.
- Actively contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Min: $104,000; Mid: $124,000; Max: $144,000