CalPrivate Bank values the strong relationships our employees build with our clients. Joining our team, will create opportunities for your personal and professional growth. We currently have job opportunities available in the banking and support positions as listed below.
The Project Analyst will be responsible for supporting Director of Strategic initiatives with research and analysis, communication, coordination, and execution of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy. The Business Analyst may work with a team or independently, depending upon the project scope.
Attends training on and complies with the laws and regulations governing financial institutions, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) or other Anti-Money Laundering (AML) legislation, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Consumer Privacy, Information Security/Gramm Leach Bliley Act, Bank Protection Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Regulations B, CC, E, D, DD and others.
- Conduct project, product, marketing, and operational-related research to support strategic planning with various related departments.
- Establish project planning with specific task lists for team members with necessary information.
- Provide data analysis, build excel/BI model, and create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting to provide strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Produce and communicate analysis and research with appropriate audiences.
- Analyze and interpret data to investigate recurring or ad-hoc business objectives.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams evaluate system capabilities, and present specific findings.
- Be able to work on more than one project at a time and constantly reevaluate priorities and deadlines.
- Document, maintain, and project business requirements, project milestones, phases, and project costs using appropriate techniques.
- Monitor project progress and Identify project issues that may need additional attention.
- Verify cost/benefit analysis and/or breakeven analysis for various projects assigned.
- Utilize organization-wide developed standards, best practices, and new methodologies to improve business processes.
- Communicate and arrange meetings between cross-functional team members and vendors.
- Coordinate vendor relationships and conducting appropriate due diligence and vendor management
- Participate in all required Compliance training, either online or in house.
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act and all bank-related regulatory requirements.
- Support the Bank’s Mission and Vision Statements by being proactive in providing extraordinary personal service to all of the colleagues of the Bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Analytical, detail-oriented, strong time management skills, and problem solver
- Experience in working independently and in an effective team with ability to build strong relationships across organizations and influencing effectively at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and technical skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio)
- Basic knowledge of banking products, structure, core systems, and third-party vendors
- 3+ years of progressive project/product management experience, with at least 3 years in cross-functional business units and diverse IT environments
SENIOR SERVICING & QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST
Responsible for performing a variety of servicing functions for all loan types including conventional and SBA. Performs loan boarding, maintenance, advances, payments and construction disbursements. Provide all necessary support to Lending department to originate and manage existing portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post boarding callback of new and renewing loans.
- Review DCI iCore system to ensure data integrity by comparing the boarded loan against the Credit Memo approval and loan documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Daily report reviews and callback of daily loan servicing maintenance and transaction postings.
- Tracks corrections by assigning to responsible party and monitoring timely correction of the same.
- Flood Insurance Tracking
- Loan Maintenance
- Rate maintenance
- Board complex loans
- General ledger balancing
- GL Monthly Certifications
- Monitor and process special handling accounts
- Timely 1502 report preparation/remittance
- Prepares, review and/or approve Demands for payoffs
- Process loan payments
- Participated Loan Servicing
- Process verification of credit
- Takes customer calls and internal inquiries from other departments and branches.
- Special projects as assigned
The employee must have a minimum of 3 years loan servicing experience. Computer skills required include good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. ICore system knowledge a plus.
Must have prior experience in reviewing new and renewing commercial loans, post boarding & funding for approval, completeness and accuracy.
Callback commercial loans by comparing systems posting against credit approval and documentation.
BSA/AML/ Compliance Responsibilities:
This position includes direct or indirect interaction with customers and other employees and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee may have opportunity to examine and view information and documents produced by other employees of the Bank relating to BSA and therefore has the obligation to report suspicious activity to the BSA Officer as appropriate. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
- Good mathematics, reasoning, oral comprehension skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Active listener
- Must consistently provide the highest level of customer service
- Must possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely and accurate manner
- Gather and analyze information prior to completing a task
- Takes ownership of tasks, including follow through to completion
- Possess a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and accomplish tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Understands and applies the appropriate level of urgency to job/tasks and meets tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other employees, managers, clients, customer and vendors
- Responds well to questions and relays answers clearly with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong ability to exercise/demonstrate good judgement and sound decision making
- Can prioritize projects and shift attention among changing tasks and priorities.
- Included appropriate people in decision-making
- Actively contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
SENIOR LOAN PROCESSOR
Process, document and close commercial real estate, business and line of credit loan transactions. Search and perfect all types of real estate and UCC collateral. Utilize document drafting software efficiently and effectively. Work closely with BDO’s and Loan Officers to manage pipeline and close transactions within required deadlines. Provide all necessary support to Lending department to originate and manage existing portfolio.
SENIOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGER - LA, SAN DIEGO & ORANGE COUNTY
Develops and manages a portfolio of Bank clients in market area. Determines customer’s banking needs and designs product and service portfolio for client. Performs to standards that meet or exceed the Bank’s objectives and fulfills the expectations of all internal and external customers. Represents the Bank in a professional courteous manner at all times. Senior Relationship Manager responsible for developing and managing more complex banking relationships.
COURIER - LA JOLLA
Picks up and delivers correspondence and other bank items between branches as well as various customer locations, on a daily basis per assigned schedule and on an on-call basis. Performs to standards that meet or exceed the Bank’s objectives and fulfills the expectations of all internal and external customers by representing the Bank in a professional responsive manner.