DEI IN ACTION
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
At CalPrivate Bank, our uncompromising commitment is for equal and fair treatment and respect for all people, regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic status, disability, or religion. This commitment is a core tenet of our mission with respect to our Team as well as the communities that we serve.
We have established our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
committee to bring this dedication into action.
A Culture of Inclusion
Founded | June 2020
The DEI Mission
To foster an environment where CalPrivate Bank Team Members can fully be themselves without fear and to operate under practices and behaviors that support our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
In addition to our internal commitment, we adopt programs that support our external commitment to give back in the communities that we serve.
Goals & Actions
DEI Committee Goals
The development and launch of our low-income internship program.
Provide financial education and training with various community organizations.
Work with our Community Advisory Board (CAB) to develop educational and referral opportunities through the extended network of our CAB.
Focus efforts on identifying and hiring veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Launch ongoing updates to our new training series for team members.
Partner with organizations offering lending opportunities for those in under served and low income communities.
Our Mission in Action
As a committee we actively pursue and execute on our goals, through actionable activities. Within early stages of the program, we have done the following:
- Provided training and practical tools for both team members and managers on how to effectively cultivate a Diverse and Inclusive environment.
- Established an internship program for under served and for those in underserved and low income communities.
- Awarding scholarships to organizations that support individuals in low income, under served or MBE / WBE communities.
- Conducted internal compensation analysis to evaluate internal pay equity and competitive compensation programs to ensure CalPrivate Bank is Employer of Choice.
- Continue to review and update all internal policies and programs including AAP to be sure they are consistent with our DEI mission.
Company Statement on Racism, Hatred, Violence
CalPrivate Bank and Private Business Capital, are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. As a Company, we denounce all forms of racism, violence, and hatred within our company, the communities that we serve, and in the world at large.
Our human capital is our most valuable asset. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our team members invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our Culture, but our reputation, and Company achievement as well.
In order to support positive action within our Company and in our communities, we have formed a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee whose mission is two fold:
- To ensure that our organization fosters a work environment that celebrates diversity and empowerment for all members of our Team, regardless of race, gender identity, religion, economic status, disability, or sexual orientation.
- To create and support programs and initiatives in our communities that foster equal and fair treatment of all people and that advance opportunities for historically underserved populations.