The Wire Specialist is the subject matter expert in all areas of Domestic and International wire processing. Responsible for the back-office processing of wire transfers using the Bank’s wire platform, Fedline Advantage, Wells Fargo CEO and PCBB systems. Responsible for processing all Core related entries, requests for research, service messages and balancing. Responsible for wire platform configuration changes, administrative changes, and any failover testing. Required to back up critical daily functions in Central Operations as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all incoming and outgoing wire requests and wire transfer related functions per established bank policy and procedure.
- Ensure wires processed meet regulatory requirements (Reg. E, Reg J, OFAC, etc.)
- Cross train all wire functions within the department
- Keep up to date with all related Regulatory, system and process changes.
- Process assigned exception processing duties, i.e. Non-Post, Chargebacks, Adjustments, Large item review, EARNS, etc.
- General knowledge of all Deposit /Central Operations functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience of at least 5 years branch or back-office operations, including wire processing or any of these combined.
- Solid understanding of compliance and legal requirements related to wires and operations.
- Uses time effectively to prioritize and identify wires requiring immediate action.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to muti-task
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and the bank’s Core system.
- Customer Service
- Planning & Organization
- Use of Technology
This position includes indirect interaction with customers and prospects and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
- Regularly required to talk or listen
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to focus.
- Employee may be required to travel occasionally.