Process, document and close primarily SBA loans. Also process, document commercial real estate, business, and line of credit loan transactions if requested. Search and perfect all types of real estate and UCC collateral. Utilize document drafting software efficiently and effectively. Work closely with BDO’s, Loan Officers & Loan Administration Manager to manage pipeline and close transactions within required deadlines. Provide all necessary support to Lending department to originate and manage existing portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary loan support for Underwriters, Loan Officers and Credit Administration
- Work with brokers, borrowers, escrow and Loan Officer to ensure smooth closing
- Work with Borrower and/or Broker to obtain a complete application including financials, collateral and vesting data, collateral searches, etc.
- Review and address title exceptions
- Monitor for reg B compliance, send out denial letters
- Maintain accurate & current pipeline at all times
- Responsible for adherence to all loan related compliance laws and regulations; cooperation with compliance related reporting and regulator exam related follow up
- Prepare loan documents, coordinate signing and recording
- Scan and maintain all pre-closing & post closing loan file data
- Review all entity due diligence information, ensure due authority
- Timely and thorough administration of loans
- Follow up for receipt and completion of all information in a timely manner
- Special projects as assigned
- Work with Loan Servicing Department for the accurate and timely booking of new loans
- Accurately calculate and collect all funds to close loans
- Accurate collateral review and perfection
Must have 3+ years’ direct SBA, commercial and/or multifamily real estate loan processing experience with at least 2 years LaserPro documentation experience. Computer skills required include good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Complete required documentation for new accounts including collection of required customer documentation, identification and information as required by the Bank’s CIP program. This position includes direct interaction with customers and prospects and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
- Good mathematics, reasoning, oral comprehension skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Active listener
- Must consistently provide the highest level of customer service
- Must possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Problem Solving
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely and accurate manner
- Gather and analyze information prior to completing a task
- Takes ownership of tasks, including follow through to completion
- Possess a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Quality Management
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and accomplish tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Understands and applies the appropriate level of urgency to job/tasks and meets tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other team members, managers, Clients, customer and vendors
- Responds well to questions and relays answers clearly with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong ability to exercise/demonstrate good judgment and sound decision making
- Can prioritize projects and shift attention among changing tasks and priorities.
- Included appropriate people in decision-making
- Actively contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Balances team and individual responsibilities