Interviews and determines customer’s banking needs. Aides in selecting accounts and services best suited for the customer’s particular needs and requirements. Accurately and efficiently opens and cross-sells new accounts and bank products. Processes teller transactions as necessary. Performs to standards that meet or exceed the Bank’s objectives and fulfills the expectations of all internal and external customers. Represents the Bank in a professional courteous manner at all times. Shows leadership in assisting and cross-training of less experienced staff members in the new account process. Responsible for the most complex transactions and customer relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Branch expert in opening new account utilizing Bank’s new account platform.
- Accurately produce signature cards and other documents, disclosures timely and efficiently.
- Maintain a high level of service to Bank Customers.
- Assist customers with problem resolution in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Act as the initial escalation point for problem resolution.
- Proficient in all teller, safe deposit, ATM balancing and all related systems platforms.
- Input wires as required.
- New account callback of accounts opened by other CSS’
- Thorough understanding of legal documentation requirements for both consumer and business accounts.
- Act as dual custodian for vault, cash, keys, etc.
- Perform clerical tasks such as filling, copying, scanning.
- Answer general phone line, resolve customer inquiries and or forward calls as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with all levels of bank staff, customers and outside contacts.
- Responsible for identifying cross sell opportunities and acting on them as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
This position includes direct interaction with customers and prospects and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
- Regularly required to talk or listen
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to focus.
- Employee may be required to travel occasionally between banking offices
- Minimum 5 years banking experience
- Minimum 2 years new account experience.
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience.
- Knowledge of Bank policies and procedures and regulatory compliance.
- Cash handling experience required.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
Min: $53,000; Mid: $59,000; Max: $67,300