The Sr. Application Support – Data Analyst is responsible for providing expert technical and consultative support. The Sr. Application Support – Data Analyst manages a variety of technology projects that require in-depth knowledge of business processes and the applications used in the business’ daily operations. This position works with the SDPB/CalPrivate business units to define solutions for improving/automating workflow and utilizing the applications more efficiently. The Analyst also performs research and root-cause analysis of system-related issues, and provides technical expertise to end users. This position is responsible for performing all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, and all US state and federal laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage projects of varying size and complexity to support business initiatives, cost-control efforts, and compliance activities. Assist the business with defining opportunities for streamlining workflow, improving operational performance, increasing productivity, reducing costs, and employing new technologies; define project scope and business requirements; prepare project documentation (business requirements, workflow diagrams, user training guides, and interface run guides).
- Provide system consulting and process-improvement expertise to the business. Identify opportunities and make recommendations to the business for maximizing system features, functionality, and interfaces with other applications and vendors; identify areas where system training will improve operational performance and user productivity; prepare and deliver ad hoc system training; work with the business to implement system enhancements and workflow efficiencies.
- Provide Tier 2 troubleshooting of system issues and system-related requests reported by users. Work with the business end users to define, assess, and prioritize system issues based on business impact; log and monitor issues in the department’s Issue Tracking System; apply basic knowledge of business processes and understanding of system functionality in the research, analysis, and troubleshooting of issues; replicate system issues in the test environment to validate root cause; escalate critical issues to department management; provide users timely updates and resolution of issues; prepare detailed documentation on the root cause and corrective action required.
- Perform system administration functions to support the business needs. Perform system configuration changes; document and report creation; user security setup and changes; setup of system parameters; oversight of test environments and support of business testing activities; system research, analysis, and testing to support new products and business initiatives.
- Work with third-party technical support teams and vendor account managers to troubleshoot and escalate system issues impacting business operations. Log and monitor issues and requests in Service Now, serve as the liaison between the business and vendors, ensure that vendors handle system issues in accordance with SLAs, and escalate issues to vendor management as needed.
- Provide technical support and vendor management oversight on system upgrades. Support the installation of software releases; coordinate troubleshooting of post-release issues; communicate system upgrades and code corrections to the business; coordinate enhancement processes with vendors and work with the business to define enhancements; communicate expectations to the vendors; ensure issues are resolved timely; implement all changes in accordance with IT SDLC practices and change control procedures.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned. Document and maintain department policies and procedures; support the design, development, and maintenance of tools, methodologies, and processes to enhance the department’s support to the business; attend vendor conferences and seminars and job-related workshops to stay abreast of developing technologies and business tools.
- Primarily office and sedentary working environment
- Use of computer and other office applicable machinery including but not limited to printers, copiers, desktops and laptops.
- Keyboarding – Entering text or data into a computer or other machine by means of a traditional keyboard. Traditional Keyboard refers to a panel of keys used as the primary input device on a computer, typographic machine or 10-Key numeric keypad.
- Alternate sitting or standing at will – The ability to alternate between sitting and standing is present when a worker has the flexibility to choose between sitting or standing as needed when this need cannot be accommodated by scheduled breaks and/or lunch period.
BSA/AML Compliance Responsibilities
- This position includes direct or indirect interaction with customers and other employees and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee will have opportunity to examine and view information and documents produced by other employees of the Bank relating to BSA and therefore has the obligation to report suspicious activity to the BSA Officer as appropriate. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
- Five to seven (5-7) years demonstrated experience in the banking/financial services industry, core systems administration, performing systems support and workflow analysis, , project management, process redesign, defining and documenting business requirements, performing root-cause analysis, and implementing system/process improvements.
- Knowledge of commercial banking and the systems and applications used.
- Experience with MIS platforms such as Case Management Systems, SharePoint, Business Objects/Cognos, Power BI, nCino, Salesforce, Other Data Warehouses, Payment Platforms,
- Strong judgment, decision-making abilities, and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel and Visio.
Additional Knowledge preferable:
- General understanding of ‘life-of-loan’ concepts, processes and practices is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Exceptional customer services skills; consistently responsive to customer inquiries and possesses the ability to be flexible and open to solving problems.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex matters;
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties;
- Ability to represent the company as a technical expert on external projects.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Strong project management and implementation skills; ability to meet project deadlines and work with key stakeholders.
- Can-do attitude and self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to exercise and demonstrate good judgment and sound decision making.
- Completes work thoroughly and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts on a daily basis.
- Knowledge and experience to anticipate, identify and resolve problems quickly and accurately.
Min: $78,000; Mid: $92,000; Max: $110,000