Responsible for the operational integrity of a high volume branch, assuring that proper controls and procedures are being implemented and followed on a consistent basis. Monitors branch activity for compliance and correctness and directs follow up actions where necessary. Ensures the message of operational safety and fraud awareness is top of mind for the branch as well as clients. Understands what it means to serve the client in all ways by executing the Bank’s concierge service strategy and following its service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee day to day customer and branch team activity and operations of the branch in a safe manner that will protect the bank and its customers.
- Meet and exceed customer service expectations.
- Prepare work schedules, coordinate staff coverage and assign duties to staff to ensure efficient operation of branch.
- Ensure self and staff have a thorough understanding of what is expected of them operationally including their responsibility to follow procedures, maintain the skill levels expected of them and understand signing authorities given to them.
- Expertise in all core systems and deposit documentation and financial platforms.
- Understand and execute complex entity structures and account titling.
- Achieve a minimum of ‘satisfactory’ on all audits.
- Control branch cash to meet branch needs within policy requirements.
- Responsible for self and staff development including ongoing training.
- Conduct regular (minimum of monthly) documented staff meetings to discuss policy and procedure, updates, bank focus, training, etc. Ensure takeaways from manager-level operational meetings are deployed to teams.
- Responsible for hiring, promotions, terminations, performance appraisal and salary administration.
- Regularly coach team members to increase knowledge, improve skills, increase productivity, improve communication, maintain accountability, etc.
- Ensure the branch team follows all fraud related directives and communication.
- Establish and maintain the highest level of communication and collaboration with the Market Leader (or equivalent); work together to prioritize and execute on production to achieve the highest level of client service.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed including but not limited to client outreach and participation in bank initiatives.
- This position includes direct or indirect interaction with customers and other employees and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee will have opportunity to examine and view information and documents produced by other employees of the Bank relating to BSA and therefore has the obligation to report suspicious activity to the BSA Officer as appropriate. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
- Regularly required to talk or listen
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to focus.
- Employee may be required to travel occasionally
- Minimum 5-7 years of banking management and operations experience and has held a CSM or Assistant Branch Manager position in a high volume office for 3-5 years.
- Seasoned banker who understands how bank branches operate, what is required to run commercial bank branch operations and possesses in depth knowledge of Bank policies and procedures and applicable regulatory compliance.
- Strong knowledge of Bank Audit procedures.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Team Work
- Managing Others
- Managerial Courage
min – $84,000; mid – $90,800; max – $100,800