Underwrite SBA 504 and SBA 7(A) credit requests in a timely manner with accuracy and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes credit and financial reports to mitigate risk.
- Analyzes credit requests to ensure they are in compliance with SBA eligibility and underwriting guidelines.
- Underwrites new credits and/or changes to existing credits.
- Recommends credit actions by preparing the Credit Approval Memorandum to include cash flow analysis, financial projections, and overall credit worthiness.
- Ensures cash flow analysis is consistently calculated, supported, documented, and appropriate notes provided.
- Ensures appropriate assets are verified and documented.
- Ensures loan covenants are meaningful and properly documented.
- Attend SBA seminars as needed to stay up to date with the SBA SOP.
- Maintains knowledge of updates to the loan policy and SBA SOP.
- Collaborates and communicates with all parties including the processing team and business development officers.
- Degree in Finance, Business Management, Accounting or related field; or five years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of relative SBA and commercial credit underwriting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the bank’s loan policies
- Strong skills in computer operation such as Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to comprehend and explain financial statements
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Primarily sedentary office environment
- Regularly required to talk or listen
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Required to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, printers / copiers, phone system(s) and other office equipment specific to loan processing function.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to focus and review large volumes of documentation.
This position includes direct or indirect interaction with customers and other employees and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee will have opportunity to examine and view information and documents produced by other employees of the Bank relating to BSA and therefore has the obligation to report suspicious activity to the BSA Officer as appropriate. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
Min: $104,000; Mid: $123,000; Max: $143,000