Responsible for supervising and directing the day-to-day functions of specific areas within Commercial Loan Servicing to ensure all transactions are processed timely and according to separation of duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and monitors staff who process routine loan transactions pertaining to the booking and servicing of commercial loans such as advances, payments, loan booking, renewals, and other loan maintenance, and that work is performed in a timely, accurate and complete manner
- The incumbent generally supervises a staff of 5-8 servicing employees.
- Establishes priorities to ensure that workflow is controlled.
- Provides direction and guidance to staff in the performance of their assigned duties which may include coaching and mentoring
- Monitors quality control for activities related to Commercial Loan Servicing.
- Reviews DCI iCore system to ensure data integrity by comparing the boarded loan against the Credit Memo approval and loan documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly general ledger reconciliations and/or certifications prepared by staff.
- Reviews and approve payoff demand statement figures
- Reviews creates, and maintains desktop procedures, recommending changes to increase efficiency and productivity, and decreasing errors while maintaining data integrity
- Monitors quality control for activities related to Commercial Loan Servicing
- Supervises special processing including participation loans, SBA 1502 reporting, non-performing, non-accrual, charge-off and REO transaction
- Monitors the department’s shared email in-boxes and platforms to ensure completion of delegated items.
- Reviews various system-generated reports and ensure accuracy of loan system accounting and maintenance.
- Monitors timely processing of paid-off loan files (return documents/refund check to lending officer, process full reconveyance, cancel Tax Service/Flood Certification, etc.) and approve loan collateral releases.
- Provides product expertise to all levels of bank personnel
- Researches and resolves more complex internal/external customer questions/discrepancies in loan accounting
- Communicates clearly and effectively with all levels of positions
- Other duties and projects as assigned
This position includes direct or indirect interaction with customers and other employees and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee may have the opportunity to examine and view information and documents produced by other employees of the Bank relating to BSA and therefore has the obligation to report suspicious activity to the BSA Officer as appropriate. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
The employee must have 5 years of Commercial loan servicing experience with a minimum of 3 years in loan servicing supervisor position.
- Must be able to manage workflow effectively with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Excellent loan administration experience with knowledge of letters of credit, borrowing based lending, multi-phased construction and multiple collateral properties
- Thorough knowledge of commercial finance, documentation, accounting and data systems
- Demonstrated ability to supervise employees, set goals, provide coaching, and hold employees accountable for results
- Computer skills required include good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. ICore and nCino system knowledge a plus.
- Problem Solving
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely and accurate manner
- Gather and analyze information prior to completing a task
- Takes ownership of tasks, including follow through to completion
- Possess a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Quality/Quantity Management
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and accomplish tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Understands and applies the appropriate level of urgency to job/tasks and meets tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other employees, managers, clients, customers and vendors
- Responds well to questions and relays answers clearly with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong ability to exercise/demonstrate good judgment and sound decision making
- Can prioritize projects and shift attention among changing tasks and priorities.
- Included appropriate people in decision-making
- Actively contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.