Responsible for consistently transforming how and what products and services we bring to market, as well as how they intersect with more traditional deposit, card, treasury and credit products. Must be an experienced leader and visionary, who will take our products and services to the next level in quality of service, innovation, delivery efficiency and alignment with new technologies and market leading strategies.
The Director of Product Development and Strategy will be primarily responsible for driving large scale cross-functional product programs from design and planning to implementation. Utilizing a cross functional approach, the ideal candidate will lead teams in market analysis, complex planning, execution, and go-to-market efforts, while managing the evolution of company’s capabilities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to structure an organization and optimize it for execution, including attracting top-tier talent and developing capabilities needed to accommodate growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, and communicate a compelling Product Strategy; define the product and execution plan, and drive forward by translating vision into results.
- Work extensively with outside best of breed vendors to deliver in an agile manner
- Develop partnerships with technology and product providers to ensure successful working relationship
- Collaborates closely with cross-functional partners in Product, IT, Risk, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, among other functions.
- Effectively contributes and leads the development and improvement of existing and new tools, and business processes, relating to the following banking products: deposit automation, payment processing, card and merchant services, innovative credit products, foreign exchange and more
- Develops roadmaps for the products and designs the applicable project plans based on factors which include but are not limited to current market trends, external challenges, internal and external technological challenges, and budgetary parameters.
- Build strong relationships and communication channels with cross-functional partners to collaborate and advocate for Program Management’s roadmap, manage risks, and facilitate tradeoffs.
- Market Landscape – conducts research on data sources and ROI analyses, anticipating needs of the business and customers.
- Build and iterate on various processes with leaders and teams to drive alignment, simplify execution, and improve quality and efficiency.
- Responsible for project execution and roll out strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent technical experience); MBA or Master’s Degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience with a focus on big data platforms powering SaaS/ analytics products (bonus points for insurtech/fintech experience)
- Minimum of 5 years in program / project management execution, with at least 2 years of managing a team
- Technical/finance background and/or demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Experience working with clients with complex needs and delivering value
- Experience with multiple successful product launches in a growing market
- Extensive experience in product management
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Experience working within a scaling program management function.
- Preferred experience at a high growth fintech technology company
- Proven experience delivering B2B SaaS products for leading technology companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate at executive and IC levels.
- Confident people leader with a proven track record of being committed to and having a vested interest in the individuals’ and team’s success at all levels.
- Proven ability to build strong and meaningful relationships with leaders, stakeholders
- Leadership – CEO of the product; ability to lead by influence and achieve positive business outcomes in alignment with Bank’s core values of Relationships, Solutions and Trust
- Monetization – Support the development, planning, sell-through and monetization of the product strategy
- First-principles problem solver – distills complex problems to their root cause and main drivers; leverages data and analysis; challenges assumptions even from senior leaders to ensure we set and meet high standards. High-growth startup experience a highly preferred
- Product Evangelism – consistently demonstrates, passion, knowledge, commitment and ownership of the products and believes in their strength and the benefits and solutions our products provide for our Customers
- Teamwork – consistently demonstrates a proven ability to influence and rally cross-functional teams and scale to add others to the team when required
- Organization & Execution – effectively works cross-functionally to execute against product goals. Develop well-integrated plans, managing projects through from commitment to delivery
- Operating Culture & Behavioral Fit – Maintains the integrity and professionalism expected of all team members and carries this forward as a company ambassador
- Great judgment making both strategic (what to prioritize) and tactical (feature scope) decisions
- A strong sense of design and user experience
- A passion for products that just work, even if the problems they solve are boring and complicated
Min: $173,121; Mid: $208,942; Max: $250,176