Responsible for providing operational support and assisting the Bank’s Compliance Officer (CO) with various aspects of implementing and maintaining the Bank’s compliance programs to ensure conformity and adherence with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Areas include regulatory monitoring & analysis, administration of various department software solutions, and support to other compliance related functions. Reporting to the CO, this position performs a variety of routine tasks; reviews reports, prepares correspondence; and participates in special department projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the day-to-day compliance tasks associated with the Deposit, Lending and Servicing areas, to maintain Bank compliance.
- Assist in maintaining policies and procedures as applicable, including forms and system input.
- Assists with coordinating and monitoring the annual training schedule that covers job-specific and overall required compliance training.
- Assists with the research on compliance related topics to address any compliance questions.
- Supports the on-going implementation of compliance related processes including Bank’s Compliance Certifications
- Responsible for supporting the administration and management of the various software solutions within Compliance areas such as the online compliance training platform, DocuSign, and vendor management platform.
- Collaborate closely with team members, department heads and process owners to ensure effective management of vendor performance.
- Support the day-to-day vendor related tasks from the onboarding and termination of third-party vendor relationships, annual vendor risk assessments, conducting initial due diligence, ongoing monitoring and support for Executive Vendor Sponsors (EVS) and Vendor Partners (VP), and maintaining inventory of Bank qualified vendors.
- Assists the CO with third party resource database information.
- Supports the CO in the review of required contracts.
- Participates in other projects and actions as directed from time to time by the CO and/or the Risk Manager.
This position includes indirect interaction with customers via contact with branch personnel and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee will have the opportunity to examine and view information and documents produced by other employees of the Bank relating to BSA and therefore has the obligation to report activity to the BSA Officer as appropriate. The employee is responsible for understanding and following the Bank’s BSA/AML policies including elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the employee is required to understand and follow the Bank’s compliance program.
- Primarily sedentary office environment.
- Regularly required to talk or listen.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Required to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, printers / copiers, phone system(s) and other office equipment specific to loan processing function.
- Occasionally lift, and/or move up to 10lbs and occasionally move up to 25lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to focus and review large volumes of digital documentation.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5+ years general banking experience.
- 3+ years administrative/operational experience with regulatory compliance, third party resource procurement and related functions and/or equivalent experience in internal audit, enterprise risk, or operational risk in a regulated environment or financial services.
Performance Standards and Competencies Needed
- Possesses strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills to effectively interpret reports, external correspondence, and contracts; maintain a sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through.
- Strong ability to perform research and leverage various resources, including the Internet.
- Proficient PC skills to include spreadsheet, word-processing, database systems and other software utilized by the department (such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks with often competing deadlines.
- Comfortable in taking direction from more than one leader.
- Quality organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to focus independently while collaborating as part of a team.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively across various departments and levels of the organization and outside parties.
- Possess effective written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, ability to coordinate and work collaboratively with both external and internal clients with professionalism and maturity.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a high degree of accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to give and welcome feedback.
- Actively contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Min: $60,000; Mid: $64,000; Max: $69,000