Responsible for process and service consistency throughout the Bank. Own and develop relevant policies and procedures and provide guidance for the branches including customer service, policy and procedure interpretation, consistency, risk management and approvals. Provide input through recurring evaluation of operational practices and production.
Work with branch and related operational teams to design and implement service standards that, once implemented, creates a seamless branch banking experience that is adaptive and continually strives to exceed client expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operational resource and SME for the core deposit, teller, and documentation platforms.
- Write, disseminate, train, and maintain up-to-date and consistent operational procedures. Identify training opportunities and escalate issues as needed. Provide operational guidance to the branches; ensure consistent application of processes through observation and testing.
- Identify operational strengths and weaknesses; proactive participant in efforts to identify and implement process improvements; provide an objective evaluation of operational performance and integrity and mitigation of operational risk.
- Branch Ops Stake Holder in key projects including new deposit and treasury management products/services, efficiency and scaling efforts.
- Work with Branches, Treasury Management, Central Operations and CBOs to establish consistent operational and support level standards. Solicit and maintain open and frequent communication to identify patterns in the experiences clients are having both internally and externally.
- Teams should understand the clients we serve and the type of experience we strive to provide.
- Design the client experience to drive a uniform and positive experience.
- Approve branch transactions such as wire and deposits as needed.
- Required to work a minimum of 1 full day at each branch location per month. Additional travel for in-person training and meetings will also be required.
- Audit Liaison for the branches
- Minimum 5 years of banking experience and a minimum of 3 years as a CSM or CSO or equivalent.
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in a private banking environment is preferred.
- Understands and demonstrates the agility and pace needed to be successful in a fast-growing banking environment. Is committed to building branch/bank value.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels including management.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of branch operations and applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Treasury Management services preferred.
- Experience in training is preferred
Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Composure: Is cool under pressure. Does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough. Is considered professionally mature. Can handle stress. Doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Problem Solving: Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages and follows through to ensure solution is effective. Works well in group problem-solving situations.